Tuesday 6 July 2010

Sofia Coppola's 'Somewhere'



So it has been a while since my last post, however no fear! With a whole summer ahead of me with nothing to do I am committing myself to putting everything into the blog, and hopefully gain far more followers.

So as a welcome back post I thought I'd share my excitement over my favourite director/fashion crush Sofia Coppola's upcoming release 'Somewhere'. For those of you who know me well enough, you'll know that I am a huge Coppola fan, so much so that I was somehow lucky (and cunning) enough to base a large part of my A2 Film Studies Coursework around her previous cinematic releases; something of which became 'a labour of love' rather than a chore.

The film, which is scheduled for release on December 22nd, features the acting talents of Stephen Dorff and Dakota's little sister Elle Fanning and from I can gather is bound to be another classic Coppola release encompassing so many of the cinematic features she is well known and loved for.

The film is said to be based around the life of Hollywood bad-boy Johnny Marco (Dorff) who, whilst taking up a long term residence at the infamous LA celebrity haunt and hotel The Chateau Marmont, is visited by his 11 year old daughter (Fanning), whose influence challenges Marco to look at his life from a completely different perspective.

Something I'm particularly excited about regarding this movie is that Coppola's long term boyfriend, Thomas Mars and his band, Phoenix (who are a particular favourite of mine) are providing the majority of the film's soundtrack, supposedly after Coppola fell in love with songs 'Love Like A Sunset' Parts 1 & 2 from the French band's latest album 'Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix'.

Judging from the mood of these songs, this film is bound to be a classic Coppola dreamy like affair, and I for one can't wait.

Check out the trailer below

No comments:

Post a Comment